OWON: Russia tells the sanctions team to shove it.
Russia will not request lifting of EU sanctions at Munich conference - deputy PM
By Maria Tsvetkova
and Alexander Winning
11 February 2016
Russia will not use a conference in Munich to ask European countries to lift their sanctions on Moscow over the Ukraine conflict and does not plan to lift its own counter-sanctions for now, a Russian deputy prime minister said on Thursday.
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev will travel to a security conference in Munich later this week and meet Manuel Valls, the French prime minister, and Frank-Walter Steinmeier, the German foreign minister.
"I think it would not be completely correct and simply pointless to request that the sanctions are cancelled," Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Prikhodko told reporters.
"The matter will not be raised like that."
Prikhodko added that the question of lifting Russia's counter-sanctions had not been raised "at the current stage".
Recent Posts and Categories
Popular Posts - Last 7 Days
Popular Posts - All Time
- Humor ( 152 )
- Videos ( 89 )
- Exclusive ( 50 )
- Historical Interest ( 48 )
- Feature ( 35 )
- Guest Post ( 31 )
- IN THE NEWS ( 22 )
- The White Hats Report ( 16 )
- Turning the Tide Series ( 13 )
- Current State of Affairs ( 10 )
- Lifting the Veil Series ( 10 )
- Iniquitous Reprobates Series ( 9 )
- Our Last Stand Series ( 6 )
- Chessboard Earth Series ( 4 )
- Proferet Occulta Veritas Series ( 4 )
- Site Help ( 4 )
- Past Present and Future Trilogy ( 3 )
- Perdition to Nirvana Trilogy ( 3 )
- Mission Statement ( 2 )
- OWoN You Tube Channel ( 2 )
- Road to Armageddon ( 2 )